Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week Nine: Thing 23

Well, first I will admit that I can't watch the video at home because it takes too long to load. I am fast reaching the point where I will be demanding high-speed access, despite the cost (I admit, I am cheap). After the MCAS testing is over, I will have some time before or after work to view the video at school.

Learning 2.0 is a discovery learning program created by Helene Blowers. Content and style for School Library Learning 2.0 and Classroom Learning 2.0 have been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License.

This was my find, for the discovery exercise of finding an attribution that shows that this program was modified.

Thoughts about the course:

1. As other people mentioned, it was difficult at times to keep up the pace and feel like I was getting all of the information on the different applications. Perhaps the intent was only to touch the surface of these things, enough to want to go back later and try them again. This should be #3

2. The things that I found immediately most useful were del.ici.us and zoho writer, although neither is working perfectly for me yet. I still need to spend time learning the ins and outs of each. However, they are both enormously useful which is my incentive to keep working with them. This should be #1 Now I can answer 2.

2. This course forced me to try things that I knew about, but hadn't used yet, because I didn't have a venue. Now I am more comfortable with these applications, and have them in mind if the opportunity comes up to integrate them into a curricular activity.

4. Perhaps more time should have been given for these activities. I don't think that 18 weeks would be too long. Perhaps then, people won't be left along the way.

5. I would definitely take another of these courses in the future. It was exciting to be nudged out of my comfort zone, to expand my technology knowledge, and I look forward to continuing this kind of learning.

6. Stimulating is a good descriptive word for the effect this course had on me. I will continue to use the applications, and look forward to spending more time learning about them in greater depth.


Finally, I am very annoyed that I keep turning the italics off but they are staying on. An example of how I can't quite get the hang of some of these applications!


No comments: