Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week Eight: Thing 19

I didn't actually go onto LibraryThing this time because I have already been there, set up an account, and cataloged a number of books that I have read. I did read some blogs to find out other peoples reactions to it. I was interested to see that some people thought that it was just for cataloging their books. I, also, am an avid library user and interlibrary loan participant and it never occurred to me not to be cataloging any book that I have read. I read so many that I tend to forget what I have read, and it is wonderful to have a record.

Having said that, I must admit that my account is probably expired because I got tired of cataloging the books that I read, and stopped visiting the website. I thought that it would be good for recommendations, but I hardly ever run out of ideas of books to read.

I was very intrigued to read (somewhere) that some small libraries such as church or private libraries are actually using LibraryThing as their catalog. What a neat idea, and free!

No comments: