Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 9: Thing Twenty

I went onto Youtube and spent about 15 minutes downloading the Conan the Librarian video. After all that, it was, in a word, stupid. So, a little more jaded, I continued on. I know that there are lots of videos of value that can enhance instruction. The general subject areas, as education or science and technology did not seem that helpful to me. Again, a lot of the title captions seemed just plain silly. However, I did a search for endangered animals and came up with a video by the WWF (World Wildlife Foundation?) that seemed like it would be a great addition to a unit. I will admit that I did not download it, because of our dial up situation, but would definitely preview it before using it. I have shown video clips from Discovery Channel many times and the kids love them.

As someone else mentioned, I think that I would prefer Teachertube as much of the content would already be filtered, and it may not be censored as Youtube might be.

No comments: